Back to Careers
Finance Operations Associate
We are seeking a qualified finance operations associate for our San Antonio office location. The primary purpose of this position is to support the Director of Finance and Compliance with all financial day-to-day firm related processes, procedures and operations. This includes, but not limited to, maintaining firm general ledger, assist with firm client billing and perform accounts receivable and accounts payable functions. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to payroll processing, assist with HR compliance tasks, and provide support in preparing firm’s annual tax filings.
Covenant is a leading privately held financial advisory firm with offices in San Antonio, Boerne, Dallas, and Oklahoma City. Covenant was founded, built and structured expressly around understanding and meeting the complex financial needs of our client families. We are a wealth management firm offering comprehensive financial planning, investment management and tax planning services. We’re a team of skilled, multidisciplinary financial advisors driven by an honest passion, deep experience, and an ongoing commitment to helping clients achieve life goals. We are proud of our unique culture supported by the diverse personality traits, skills and experience by each team member and are bound by the same core values: Insightful, Humble, Joyful, Friend, and Competitive.
- Carry out Covenant values and branding.
- Ensure accuracy in communication and implementation of action items.
- Effectively communicate with clients on an as needed basis.
- Stay current on financial operational process and procedures both internally and with custodial vendors.
- Effectively manage day-to-day internal financial/accounting functions.
- Organize and compile relevant financial data from core business systems to assist with management reporting.
- Gain up-to-date operational knowledge to assist with HR compliance.
- Apply analytical procedures to identify issues and suggest enhancements to improve current financial processes to become more effective and efficient.
- Live the firm's core values.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Promote good working relationships among team members.
- Manage multiple responsibilities and support several team members, while prioritizing time well.
- Possess and innate desire for continuous improvement in all tasks undertaken.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Tools - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient ability to use QuickBooks and similar reporting systems
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Demonstrated analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- 3-5 years of finance/accounting experience preferred
- Associate degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Life/AD&D Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional/Roth 401(k)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Wellness & Counseling Programs
- ...and more
Recognitions & Awards
Covenant and our team members are active participants in a wide variety of community organizations and activities. Covenant has been recognized with the Corporate Philanthropy & Nonprofit Award by the San Antonio Business Journal, as Top RIA by Financial Advisor Magazine, Best Places to Work by San Antonio Business Journal, Top Wealth Manager in Dallas by Dallas Magazine, America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors - No. 14 in Texas by Barron’s, and more! To see a complete list, visit www.covenantmfo.com.
Please submit resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.